Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Re: IAP103 - No Internet for clients connected to guest SSID

Unfortunately I didn't make that test, and now I'm away from the customer.

Yesterday I tried to make the same test with the rules I mentioned above, and I was able to reach only the VC (with IP 172.31.98.1), no local IP addresses nor public IPs neither public hostnames.

Guru Elite

If you SSH into the IAP during the test, you should be able to type "show datapath session table" to see what traffic the client is attempting to send and if it is getting blocked by the IAP.  That test will only work if you have rules applied on your guest clients.  If you have it as "unrestricted" it will not work, so just have a single rule allowing all traffic before you try that command.

You can also use the "debug pkt" method to trace network traffic coming out of that AP from that client:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/Debugging-DHCP-packets-on-Aruba-Instant-IAP/ta-p/179058

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I will try ASAP.

I've just noticed that the AP is rebooting itself every about 5 minutes...it's connected to an HP 2530-8G PoE switch (that is working fine).

I'm trying to update the firmware of the switch, in case of PoE issues.

I confirm what I told before: the IAP is rebooting itself every 5 minutes. I suppose it has some kind of hardware issue, what do you think?

Thanx in advance.

Guru Elite

"show version" will say why it rebooted.  That might give you a clue...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

I think I found the solution: in the customer's network someone gave static addresses to applicances not managed by me, which are included in the DHCP pool. The IAP103 took an address already assigned to some kind of appliance, and that is causing all the issues.

I've no confirmation at the moment, the IP assigned by DHCP to the IAP answers also when the AP is rebooting... :-)

After creating a DHCP exclusion for the IP manually assigned and (obviously) automatically given to the IAP103, and assigning a static IP to the AP, all problems have been solved.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: