Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Implementation Guide to Master / Local redundancy

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Implementation Guide to Master / Local redundancy

Posted Oct 29, 2012 03:00 PM

Hi, we have 2 x 3200xm controllers.  I have been through the design guides and seems the best option for redundancy is to configure as master / local in active standy. 

What I could really do with is the configuration commands / guide to implement this.  I have found a guide which shows how to setup the VRRP but it doesn't show the steps for database sync.  I would prefer to follow a step by step guide if such a thing exists to ensure we get the configration right first time and don't miss any steps.  Can anyone advise on any step by step guides to setting this up?  As I said I already have the design guides so it's not that, I need the configuration commands.

thanks

• 2.  RE: Implementation Guide to Master / Local redundancy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2012 03:08 PM

There's no db sync in a Master-Local deployment.

What you have is a replication of most items of the configuration each time you save it.

Regards

• 3.  RE: Implementation Guide to Master / Local redundancy
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 29, 2012 04:43 PM

There are several options for redundancy.  The best place to get the configs (IMHO) is here:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/vrd/CampusWNetworksVRD/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Chap5_Redundancy.html

• 4.  RE: Implementation Guide to Master / Local redundancy

Posted Oct 30, 2012 03:11 AM
    Thanks!