Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Issues with MAC-Authentication on MM - setup

Hi All,

i have a new setup with one Virtual Mobility Master and two Controller 7210 (in a Cluster) with Version 8.5.0.4

We have a Guest-SSID with MAC-Authentication and Captive-Portal. We use User derivation rules where all Client - MAC -Adresses are in. So if the user is in this Rule, the Client can connect without authentication. If the MAC - Adress is not in this list, the client get the Captive-Portal.

4 Month ago i copied this MAC-Adress-List from our old environment (Version 6.5.x.x) to the new setup.

All was working fine in the new setup.

Now i moved some of our Buildings to the new Controller-setup and the old clients are still can connect to the Guest-SSID without authentication. But if i add some new MAC-Adresses to this list, they will get everytime the Portal-Page to authenticate.

My Laptop was also in this list and worked fine. I removed the MAC of my laptop from the list and add it again. Now i get also everytime the Portal-Page.

I searched already here in the Forum and also read some documentation, but nothing helps.

Do you have any hint for me?

thanks a lot.

Markus

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Issues with MAC-Authentication on MM - setup

Are you adding those  mac addresses at the same level in the hierarchy where the other mac addresses were added?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

yes, i did.

i tried also to add them on different levels in the hierarchy.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

SSH into the MM.   Type "show local-userdb" and see if they are there.  If they are there, use "local-userdb-add" to add the ones that are not there.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

we are using derivation-rules:

aaa derivation-rules user user_rule_mac_vendor_black_berry
set role condition macaddr equals "10:0b:a9:xx:xx:xx" set-value guest description "user1"
set role condition macaddr equals "4C:0F:6E:xx:xx:xx" set-value guest description "user2"
set role condition macaddr equals "B4:B6:76:xx:xx:xx" set-value guest description "user3"

Highlighted
Guru Elite

I apologize.

Did you type "show aaa derivation-rules user <name of user rules>" on the MD to see if it appears?

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

yes.

there are also hits, but not on the newly added MAC´s.

MarkusR_0-1583247668498.png

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Did you delete those users from the user table before trying again?

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Slightly off-topic but is it possible to add the addresses via GUI? (Ver 8.4). Thanks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Yes, you can add the MAC - Adresses to the derivations rules via GUI and via CMD.

i tried both.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: