Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

LACP configuration for new ap in existing setup

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  LACP configuration for new ap in existing setup

Posted Dec 18, 2018 04:38 AM

Hi,

We have existing Aruba 7210 controller(AOS 6.5.4.1 Master-Local) and IAP325(converted as AP) with single ethernet link. Now we want to add IAP325(converted as AP) with dual link in existing setup.

Kindly suggest(URL/Link) how can i deploy AP with dual link in existing setup. i want to use same AP profile for new AP

Thank you..

• 2.  RE: LACP configuration for new ap in existing setup

Posted Dec 18, 2018 06:51 AM

Read the Link Aggregation Support section in the ArubaOS 6.5.4 User Guide (page 594 onwards) to set this up.

David

• 3.  RE: LACP configuration for new ap in existing setup
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 20, 2018 04:38 PM

• 4.  RE: LACP configuration for new ap in existing setup

Posted Dec 31, 2018 02:13 AM

Hi,

Do i need to create new AP profile to use both ethernet inteface on AP325? In my existing setup i am using AP325 with single ethernet link.

Is their any port connectivity sequence i need to follow while connecting LACP ethernet link on AP325?

Thank you

• 5.  RE: LACP configuration for new ap in existing setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 31, 2018 02:51 AM

Please read the article here carefully:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/Do-we-have-radio-port-redundancy-on-AP-LACP-GRE-striping-IP-and/ta-p/239920  The access point gets the LACP configuration information when it comes up in an ap-group with LACP configuration.  The controller also requires an additional ip address to point the access point to.

*Since this is an AP-325, it requires high powered POE to be able to bring up the second port.  Since it is also a 325, there is no power redundancy, so if one ethernet port goes down, the AP has to reboot before sending traffic through the other port.  The LACP advantage is only effective in very limited circumstances on the AP-325 due to the lack of power redundancy.  It is also effective in limited circumstances for additional throughput, because few WLAN setups will actually exceed 1 gigabit of actual throughput.

• 6.  RE: LACP configuration for new ap in existing setup

Posted Jan 03, 2019 06:38 AM

Hi,

I have configured below details....are they correct?

On Master controller

lms-ip 10.105.6.10

gre-striping-ip 10.105.6.26

On Local controller

lms-ip 10.105.6.10

gre-striping-ip 10.105.6.27

Thank you...

• 7.  RE: LACP configuration for new ap in existing setup

Posted Jan 15, 2019 11:35 PM

We have deployed Aruba switches in our setup and AP is perfectly working fine even if any LACP port goes down. i can say we have achieved link failover using LACP.

Thank you..