Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

LACP in Master/Local scenario with Cisco Switches...Only 1 port will stay up.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  LACP in Master/Local scenario with Cisco Switches...Only 1 port will stay up.

Posted Aug 28, 2019 01:25 PM

I have followed these instructions to setup LACP for my AP-225 series AP's but something is not right.  When the AP power up, the the LAG group on the Cisco switch shows the port-channel as up and LACP as on but after about 5 minutes one of the ports goes down and does not come back up.  It does this for all my APs.  This is what the etherchannel summary looks like after a few minutes for the port channels for the AP-225's:

Group Port-channel Protocol Ports
    ------+-------------+-----------+-----------------------------------------------
    1 Po1(SU) LACP Gi1/0/1(D) Gi1/0/2(P)

On the Cisco (2960x switches) side my ports look like this:

interface gigabit 1/0/1

switchport access vlan 100

switchport mode access

channel-group 1 mode active

interface gigabit 1/0/2

switchport mode access

channel-group 1 mode active

interface po 1

switchport mode access

On the local controller I have an LMS IP (local controller vlan) and Backup LMS IP (master controller vlan) set under All Profiles > AP > AP System > "My Profile Name". 

Under All Profiles > AP > AP LACP LMS map information I have the LMS IP set and I've set the GRE IP to be one up from that.

The AP's are showing a flag of 2s which means they are set for LACP striping.

What am I missing?  Why will both ports not stay up?