Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

LMS configuration/licensing in case of Master/Local design

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  LMS configuration/licensing in case of Master/Local design

Posted Aug 17, 2016 06:47 AM

Hi all,

as I am quite new to the Aruba world I have a bit of an issue with a customer with the following scenario:

actual 2 controllers (1x7030 and 1x 650) in a standalone configuration 

now we are planning to set up a new 7210 controller as a master and change the two old ones into locals. every controller is suited in another buidling but is connected on one L2 network (but different VLANs)

what i want to achieve is some kind of Redundancy in case of a local controllers outage - the local APs should then be able to connect to the master.

so what i plan is activating the license server on the master controller

and enter the IP Adress of the master controller at the AP System profile (LMS Backup) 

should that be enough to get that thing to work as intended - as the local controllers host the AP Licenses for their access points or do i have to move/change licenses to the master?

thx in advance for help!

• 2.  RE: LMS configuration/licensing in case of Master/Local design

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2016 06:51 AM
    The locals will make their licenses available to the rest of the controllers (as long as they're not built-in/embedded licenses)