Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Layer 2 connectivity issues

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Layer 2 connectivity issues

Posted Aug 28, 2019 03:15 AM

Hello guys,

I am writing this down because of an issue i've been facing for the last couple of days with no success in solving it.

The architecture is as follows :

AP --- Controller Cluster (2* 8.3) ---<4 GRE Tunnels (2 for each MC)>---Controller (5.2).

The 4 tunnels are mounted on two different vlans (lets say 78 and 79).

The two tunnels mounted on vlan 78 carry the vlans 111 and 114.

The two tunnels mounted on vlan 79 carry the vlan 112.

The controller in OS5 is the dhcp for those three VLANs (110, 111, 113).

On the controller cluster, i have three ssids that will each use one of those tunneled vlans.

For the SSIDs using vlans 111 or 112, no issues whatsoever.

BUT, for the one using vlan 114 :

- When someone connects to it, they dont get an IP :

I did a packet capture on the OS5 controller and i saw a a DHCP request on this VLAN arriving and being answered (this request came from a corporate mac but we couldnt find its owner), meaning the DHCP server works fine.

The thing is, while i did my packet capture, whe tried generating as much DHCP discovers as possible and none of those got to the controller.

- We then tried connecting to the SSID and putting a static IP and then pinging the gateway and it didnt work.

- I went on both controllers and made sure all the tunnels were up (and they are).

- The OS5 controller can ping the OS8 controllers on their vlan 113 interface and vice versa.

Do you guys have any idea what i could look into ?

Best regards,

A