Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Local Aruba Controller running very slow, keeps dropping connection to APs

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Local Aruba Controller running very slow, keeps dropping connection to APs

Posted May 22, 2013 05:55 PM

We have a two site configuration, master controller at main location and local at secondary. The sites are 50 miles apart but have a dedicated network connection that they utilize to sync connection. The issue is that the local controller runs very slow, even when accessed onsite and often the APs that are connected to the local controller lose connection. The only way to re-establish connection is to reboot the controller. Lately, I have had to do this weekly if not more. Is anyone else having this issue? Both controllers are on version 6.1.3.2.

• 2.  RE: Local Aruba Controller running very slow, keeps dropping connection to APs

Posted May 22, 2013 06:10 PM

Can you do the following commands :

(controller) #show  cpuload current

(controller) #show  cpuload 

And also pick one of the APs that keeps rebooting and run this one show ap debug system ap-name <apname>

• 3.  RE: Local Aruba Controller running very slow, keeps dropping connection to APs

Posted May 22, 2013 11:24 PM

With those outputs for your knowledge why fabian is aksing you that

On the cpu utilization you should consider the CPU to be highly utilized at 70% (begin monitoring regularly) and considered critical at 100% (being investigating) over a 5-minute period

On the memory you should consider that the memory is moderately utilized at 30 Mb free (begin monitoring
    regularly) and highly utilized at 15 Mb free (being investigating) over a 5-minute period.

For the last one do show memory

• 4.  RE: Local Aruba Controller running very slow, keeps dropping connection to APs

Posted May 23, 2013 01:37 PM

Thank you both for replying. Thus far, the reboot has worked. I will use your commands to monitor the controller to see if I can narrow down what specific task or event is causing the slowdowns.