Wireless Access

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Re: Mac OS X Lion/MacBook Air issue

We normally disable ip v6 on all systems (network and desktops)  Not the best long term solution - but it keeps many of the issues down we have seen. The Macs and Linux systems definately are more likely to have issues with ip v6 enabled.

Lirria

Highlighted
Contributor II

Wow - sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while, I thought I was getting email alerts when there were responses, but I guess not.

Lirria - we are definitely not having the same issue if Lion fixes it for you. We have Snow Leopard clients working flawlessly, but it's ONLY our Lion and Mountain Lion computers that are having issues. Unfortunately most of our production machines shipped with Lion so we have to deal with it.

We haven't seen any improvements in performance. I had a user just today say that they dropped their connection 10 times! Aruba says that Apple knows of the issue and is working on a fix in a future release, but 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 haven't fixed it yet. I'm not so sure that a 10.7.6 is even going to come out!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Sorry to hear that - hopefully it will get all worked out for you. I know with Lion things did get better which does point to something in the OS (most likely driver based) that's the issue. Hopefully some patches will fix the issue.

Best of luck!

Lirria

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Interesting read, we've upgraded from 5.0.3.x to 6.1.3.2 and are now starting to receive reports of the same type as reported earlier in this thread.  Interesting as we are also getting more reports from Apple-based devices than others.

We were running pretty stable on the 5.x codetrain and only reason we were going to 6.x was to support the AP-135's that were to be deployed at the end of the year.

Looks like we might have to roll-back to 5.x code train...

Highlighted
Guru Elite

@jasonmathew1 wrote:

Interesting read, we've upgraded from 5.0.3.x to 6.1.3.2 and are now starting to receive reports of the same type as reported earlier in this thread.  Interesting as we are also getting more reports from Apple-based devices than others.

We were running pretty stable on the 5.x codetrain and only reason we were going to 6.x was to support the AP-135's that were to be deployed at the end of the year.

Jasonmatthew1,

You should open a TAC case to ensure that your specific issue is being troubleshot....  Please do not assume you have the same issue.  Let's see what we can do for your situation.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Contributor II

@jasonmathew1 wrote:

Do you have any more specific information about your issue? Right now we're being told from Aruba that they've talked to engineers at Apple and they have confirmed that it's an issue with some Broadcom wifi cards and will be working on a fix in a future firmware release. I haven't heard a peep about 10.7.6 coming out any time soon, so I think we are SOL. Meanwhile we still have tons of clients complaining about poor wifi performance. :smileyfrustrated:

Highlighted
New Contributor

This sounds incredibly similar to the issue I am facing.

Mac laptops affected more than any other device. (iPads seem fine. Windows is fine.) 10.6 not really affected, 10.7 and10.8 are very bad. Users report random disconnects while sitting at their desks. Mac roaming performance is generally poor, with 15+ seconds of downtime when switching between APs.

Running ArubaOS 6.1.3.3 and 135 APs.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I wanted to let you know that we have a similar problem in our office.  10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and we get clients roaming from one AP to the Next and intermittently getting knocked off.  The Airport menulet shows the antenna signal animation moving up and down like it's trying to connect.  If you click on the Airport Menulet it will say Authenticating.  I have a ticket open with Aruba for over 2 months now, they have tried best practices fixes, Upgrading the OS on the 650 controller to the latest and still not resolved.  

We do not run any wireless PC's in our office to test with.  Seems to be an Aruba Mac issue?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

I would have to say that since I worked with the engineers my issues have mostly resolved (or people just aren't reporting them) I have a total of 27 aps, 11 are local 16 are remote. All have a variety of OS's (Linux, Mac, Windows) and we are what I would classify as stable.  I usually spend 1 week a quarter running on nothing but wireless to make sure there are no issues. I also reboot the controller and all AP's monthly - hasn't seemed to cause any issues and thing seem to be running better - plus it clears out the bootstrap log so you can actually tell when you have an issue.

RIght at the moment I have 229 connections to the aps - yes some are passive, but some are active and are working well - I just completed a skype meeting with 2 other people in the same room - 2 of the 3 of us were on wireless with no issues.

Please continue working with the tech support group to get the issue resolved - they really can help.

Lirria

Highlighted
Guru Elite

@DJMagicMelliott wrote:

I wanted to let you know that we have a similar problem in our office.  10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and we get clients roaming from one AP to the Next and intermittently getting knocked off.  The Airport menulet shows the antenna signal animation moving up and down like it's trying to connect.  If you click on the Airport Menulet it will say Authenticating.  I have a ticket open with Aruba for over 2 months now, they have tried best practices fixes, Upgrading the OS on the 650 controller to the latest and still not resolved.  

We do not run any wireless PC's in our office to test with.  Seems to be an Aruba Mac issue?

Do you know if you have OKC (Opportunistic Key Caching) on your 802.1x profile Unchecked? MACs do not support this and it definitely could cause issues with roaming.  Look under configuration> Security> Authentication> L2 Authentication> 802.1x profiles.  Find the one that corresponds to your WLAN and make sure OKC is unchecked under the Advanced tab.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: