Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mac address Aruba Clients

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Mac address Aruba Clients

Posted Apr 22, 2013 12:07 PM

Hi All,

Is it possible on Aruba 3200 controller to give names to client mac addresses of the devices.

Example if my Iphone connects it will appear as the MacAddress and i will prefer to give a name...

Thanks for help

Regards

• 2.  RE: Mac address Aruba Clients

Posted Apr 22, 2013 12:48 PM

I dont think thats possible...

IF you are partner... you can do a request for this, so maybe they put it on the upcoming releases...

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: Mac address Aruba Clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2013 12:53 PM

@brunoaraujocosta wrote:

Hi All,

Is it possible on Aruba 3200 controller to give names to client mac addresses of the devices.

Example if my Iphone connects it will appear as the MacAddress and i will prefer to give a name...

Thanks for help

Regards

If you are using WPA-PSK, the device does not have a username  attribute so that would not be available.

If you are using mac address authentication, this would be the job of an external radius server to reply with an "access accept" as well as a "username" attribute to populate that.  This will ony work on ArubaOS 6.2 and above, where the Aruba controller will look for the "username" attribute replied from a radius server during mac authentication and populate the username parameter on the controller.

• 4.  RE: Mac address Aruba Clients

Posted Apr 23, 2013 10:30 AM

Hi All,

So if my Iphone is connected to an Ap, the first identifier is the MAcAddress.

But after i see that is mine , can´t I identify it with a name? Alias ?

• 5.  RE: Mac address Aruba Clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2013 10:49 AM

You cannot.    As Nightshade1 said, please register a request with the idea portal on the support site.