Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Making an AOS 5 master-controller not associate with any Access Point

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Making an AOS 5 master-controller not associate with any Access Point

Posted Feb 15, 2012 09:21 AM

Hello all,

I have two master controllers, a 3600 AOS 6 and an A200 AOS 5.  The A200 is there to support older controllers while we are replacing them.  My problem are the AP105s, which provisioned to 3600, when reboots it associates to A200 controller.  All AP105s and the two master-controllers are layer 2.  The AP system profile LMS-IP is pointed to the 3600 controller, so is the DNS, “aruba-master” will resolve to the 3600 controller. 

How can I make the A200 controller not associate with any APs?

Thanks,

Trinh Nguyen

• 2.  RE: Making an AOS 5 master-controller not associate with any Access Point
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2012 10:04 AM
    Sounds like you just need to disable ADP on the A200. Check the CRG (command reference guide) for the command to do that.

• 3.  RE: Making an AOS 5 master-controller not associate with any Access Point

Posted Feb 15, 2012 10:08 AM

thanks Zjennings for quick reply.  I test and will check the "solution" if it works.

The command is "(aruba) (config) #adp discovery disable"

Regards,

• 4.  RE: Making an AOS 5 master-controller not associate with any Access Point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2012 11:15 AM

Cool. Let us know if that fixes the problem.