Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Management Authentication using Windows NPS

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Management Authentication using Windows NPS

Posted Dec 31, 2015 01:06 PM
      |   view attached

I have also opened a case with Aruba TAC, but wanted to post on the board as well.

Is there updated information for Authentication using Windows NPS?

The only instructions I can locate is with IAS, which was replaced by NPS, and the steps are outdated and not clear. The document I am referring to is attached.

Note: The goal, at this time, only for allowing specific staff members to login to the Aruba controller for management purposes with their domain credentials.

• 2.  RE: Management Authentication using Windows NPS

Posted Dec 31, 2015 01:24 PM
    You need to use RADIUS to accomplish this.

In NPS you need to create a policy using PAP as the authentication method.

- First create AAA Profile using your current RADIUS server group pointed to the NPS server within the AAA Profile add a NAS-ID of your choice

- Create a Policy in NPS with the NAS-ID you used in the previous step and also add the AD group you would like to allowed , the authentication type needs to be PAP (Unsecured). This rule should be move to the top.

- Finally in the Controller point the management to the new AAA profile with local fallback

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: Management Authentication using Windows NPS

Posted Jan 17, 2020 09:12 AM

Good day,

I appreciate  i am replying to an oooold post but is the authentcation 'PAP' still the only method for this process.

Ta

Manny