Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Manual channel and power setting for Standalone Mobility Controller ArubaOS 8

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Manual channel and power setting for Standalone Mobility Controller ArubaOS 8

Posted Aug 11, 2019 07:14 AM

Hi,

I'm looking to see what is the best way to manually configure channel and/or power settings on an individual AP basis with a Standalone Mobility Controller ArubaOS 8.

I understand that Aruba recommends using ARM, however, I wanted to document the procedure for manually doing it as well.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Manual channel and power setting for Standalone Mobility Controller ArubaOS 8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2019 08:57 PM

Since you are running a standalone MC with no MM, you don’t have the benefit of Airmatch. So you need to configure ARM

Check this link

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_85_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/arm/rf-plan-chan-mgmt.htm#arm_3640512361_1046117

• 3.  RE: Manual channel and power setting for Standalone Mobility Controller ArubaOS 8

Posted Aug 19, 2019 03:34 AM

Yes, I am aware that I can only use ARM, but I'm looking for an effective way to manually control the channel and power.

• 4.  RE: Manual channel and power setting for Standalone Mobility Controller ArubaOS 8

Posted Oct 11, 2023 09:38 PM

Hi @hammertim, Did you find a way to manually configure the channels and power?