Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Maximum height of ceiling For ARUBA 335 AP

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Maximum height of ceiling For ARUBA 335 AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2019 03:24 AM

Hi All,

i am in the situation with customer the celing height is 18 feet and i am placing AP 335 but customer is saying that we can place AP 335 upto 10 feet. can anybody please let me know what is the max height we can place AP 335 if any proof with document will help. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Maximum height of ceiling For ARUBA 335 AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2019 04:06 AM

I have had had AP315s on 6-8 meter ceiling with no issue. I am not sure if we have a docment per say stating teh maximum hiegth that an AP can be installed, bu you can easily test it out.

The main thing is it depends on your device density as well. For example at 10 meter high the coverage area will be bigger which is fine if you are not designing for high density .

• 3.  RE: Maximum height of ceiling For ARUBA 335 AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2019 04:21 AM

Thanks for your reply it not a high density area it is normal recetion area with high celling so if 315 is ok in your enviornment than i think 335 will also be ok as well but looking for some documented stuff. 

• 4.  RE: Maximum height of ceiling For ARUBA 335 AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2019 08:00 AM

There's no documentation specifying a limit of height of an AP, it's a matter of RF design. 18 ft/6m is fine so long as it falls within the acceptable parameters of *your* design, maintains the minimum SNR required (the higher the AP, the lower the SNR at the ground), and fits with your client density requirements based around AP spacing. Using a planning tool like Ekahau can validate that. Yes we've had successful designs with high ceilings, and if you want to lower them, you can use a pendant mount to lower the AP if needed. 

The 10feet comment is likely referencing what is considered the normal indoor office space ceiling heights.

If you need special accomodations (high density user design, high SNR requirements, etc) then other solutions can be architected, but we would need to know what those are.