Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

May someone tell me what need to be done on the Aruba controllers to make Aruba VIA work?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  May someone tell me what need to be done on the Aruba controllers to make Aruba VIA work?

Posted Sep 09, 2015 05:46 PM

• 2.  RE: May someone tell me what need to be done on the Aruba controllers to make Aruba VIA work?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2015 05:48 PM

Do you have the PEF-V license for your controller?

Please take a look at the VIA validated reference design.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Virtual-Intranet-Access-VIA/ta-p/155614

• 3.  RE: May someone tell me what need to be done on the Aruba controllers to make Aruba VIA work?

Posted Sep 09, 2015 05:54 PM

May you please let me know how to check if I have PEF-V license for my controller?

Thanks,

• 4.  RE: May someone tell me what need to be done on the Aruba controllers to make Aruba VIA work?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2015 05:57 PM

show keys

(BOSTON-7010) #show keys

Licensed Features
    -----------------
    Feature                                             Status
    -------                                             ------
    Access Points                                       4
    RF Protect                                          0
    VPN Server Module                                   4096
    xSec Module                                         0
    Next Generation Policy Enforcement Firewall Module  4
    Advanced Cryptography                               0
    RF Protect                                          DISABLED
    Policy Enforcement Firewall                         ENABLED
    VPN Server                                          ENABLED
    xSec Module                                         DISABLED
    Policy Enforcement Firewall for VPN users           ENABLED
    Advanced Cryptography                               DISABLED
    Maritime Regulatory Domain                          DISABLED

• 5.  RE: May someone tell me what need to be done on the Aruba controllers to make Aruba VIA work?

Posted Sep 09, 2015 06:15 PM

Thank you very much!

I do not have that license.

May you please let me know if the only thing I need to do is to configure the controller as long as I get the license?

• 6.  RE: May someone tell me what need to be done on the Aruba controllers to make Aruba VIA work?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2015 06:16 PM
    There is a good amount of configuration on the controller. Follow the VRD.

• 7.  RE: May someone tell me what need to be done on the Aruba controllers to make Aruba VIA work?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 11, 2015 08:35 AM

I am going through this currently.  In summary you have to:

• Install the license (note you can download an evaluation licenses from aruba if needed)  Requires a controller reboot to load.
    • Download the Via client for the OS you want to support and upload it to the controller so your users have a place to get the client which would be the controller https://URL/via address.
    • The users have to install the VIA client
    • You have to configure the controller to support via and the authentication types you want to use.  Start with the basics like user auth only EAP-PEAP and then try adding machine authentication and then switch it all over to certificate based authentications.  I went down this path and there are little gotchas here and there.  6.5.1 CPPm did not work well with Certs the PCs EAP-TLS but it is suppose to be fixed in the current 6.5.2 release but I have not yet tested. 

Good luck.

• 8.  RE: May someone tell me what need to be done on the Aruba controllers to make Aruba VIA work?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2015 09:16 AM
    ase.arubanetworks.com<>

There is a solution for VIA. Only problem I know of is the local user db on the controller not working for VIA auth in 6.4.3.1.