Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Migrate AOS 8 LIC-AP/PEF/RFP from VMC to Hardware with Mobility Master

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Migrate AOS 8 LIC-AP/PEF/RFP from VMC to Hardware with Mobility Master

Posted Sep 28, 2018 01:42 PM

Hey Guys,

I have a VMC Standalone Controller with LIC-AP,LIC-PEF, LIC-RFP. Now I need to migrate all to a Cluster with MM and centralized License Pool. I like to Switch to Hardware Controllers at the same time. Is it possible to transfer the Licenses to the MM License Pool, even when I would switch to two Hardwarecontrollers? In other words, is it possible to transfer the VMCs LIC-AP,LIC-PEF, LIC-RFP to Mobility Master License Pool and use it with the Harware Controllers?

Thanks in advance

Markus

• 2.  RE: Migrate AOS 8 LIC-AP/PEF/RFP from VMC to Hardware with Mobility Master
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 28, 2018 01:52 PM

Yes.

You have to transfer the licenses in the HPE Aruba licensing portal so you can register the VMC licences to another platform. When its in de MM licence pool you can use this licenses in the managed MC controllers.

When you transfer the licences through the portal you have to remove the licences afterwards from the VMC.

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/license/TransferSearch.aspx

If you cant transfer the licences in the licence portal by yourself, you need to contact TAC support, no worry they are smooth and fast to help you!

• 3.  RE: Migrate AOS 8 LIC-AP/PEF/RFP from VMC to Hardware with Mobility Master

Posted Oct 01, 2018 03:17 AM
    OK. Thanks a lot mkk.
    I was not sure because the article numbers of the AP/PEF/RFC-Licenses are different for MM/VMC/Hardware.