Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Migration of CPPM from 5.2 to 6.2

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Migration of CPPM from 5.2 to 6.2

Posted Aug 30, 2013 01:25 AM

Hi ,

Our end customer is having cluster set up of CPPM which is running at 5.2 version. ( Publisher and Subscriber )

Presently the end customer wants to migrate the subcriber from 5.2 to 6.2.

So wanna know how to do that , following are the my queries.

1. Publisher will be on 5.2 version so if i add new VM which will be running on 6.2 version as a subscriber will all the configuration will be reflected on 6.2 ?

2. Whether i can take the backup from subscriber which running on 5.2 version and then putting that backup file on 6.2 and then adding the 6.2 as subscriber whether it will work ?

3. Have to do the configuration from scratch ?

Kindly suggest me how can i do the migration.

Regards,

Nithin Kumar C V

• 2.  RE: Migration of CPPM from 5.2 to 6.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2013 07:50 AM

So...you cannot add the new node running 6.2 as a subscriber under a publisher running 5.2.  Your best bet is to upgrade the publisher FIRST to 6.2 and then add the subscriber. 

You can directly upgrade from 5.2 to 6.2 IF AND ONLY IF you are running the hardware appliances.  If not, you must spin up a new VM on 6.2 and migrate the data over.  

The release notes are located here for the actual instructions:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOWNLOADSOFTWARE/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/EntryId/8157/Default.aspx

User Guides and notes are here:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=6867