Wireless Access

Highlighted
Super Contributor II

Re: Migration to a new DHCP server

Thank you so much :-) I hope it will work now. and credit goes to you :-) I'm hopefull and excited now :-)

Can you please refer me some documents which explain how to configure WIPS and Firewall because i have "LIC-PEFNG-64" licenses included in controller.

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Highlighted
Super Contributor II

Please also advice how to start new thread.... Its very awkward to ask but i am unable to find that :-( I am new in this community and need your guidence

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Highlighted
Guru Elite

@syedmuradali wrote:

Please also advice how to start new thread.... Its very awkward to ask but i am unable to find that :-( I am new in this community and need your guidence

Go into any Forum that you want to post and click on the "New Message" button.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Guru Elite

@syedmuradali wrote:

Thank you so much :-) I hope it will work now. and credit goes to you :-) I'm hopefull and excited now :-)

Can you please refer me some documents which explain how to configure WIPS and Firewall because i have "LIC-PEFNG-64" licenses included in controller.

We can certainly get into WIPS after you get your network up and running, but the defaults work for most people.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Highlighted
Super Contributor II

OK... I will get back with you once network is UP... Thank you once again...

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Highlighted
Super Contributor II

we have changed the implementation scienario as our management was not ready to move to bridge mode.

Now we have installed the MC at distribution layer  ... Distribution switch is configure with dhcp relay command.. the problem seems to be solved.. but all the clients on same VLAN right now... we are working how to control it.. anyway thanks for your support

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Syed,

Most organizations deploy in that manner.  An ip address is simply something that is used to get traffic to an from a device.  Things are simplified because you know when a device is wireless..

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Highlighted
Super Contributor II

Joseph,

You are an amazing guy and master in Wireless.. I really appreciate your technical skill in wireless techonology..

Well, No I am going to implement MAC based authentication with Captive Portal. I have implemented captive portal and its working fine but i dont know how to configure MAC based authentication. I shall be very thankful to you if you provide me any guide to advice to implement MAC based authentication. Thanks in advance..

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Highlighted
Guru Elite

How would you want it to work?

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Highlighted
Super Contributor II

Sorry Last night I was so much sleepy that is why i typed something foolish... Please accept my apologize...

We have implemented 2 SSID's, one for internal users and other for guest. On guest ssid i have implement captive portal and its working fine. now on the 2nd ssid I want to implement MAC based authentication. So please advice how to implement MAC based authentication on employee SSID.

Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: