Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Master Deploy New APs Task

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Mobility Master Deploy New APs Task

Posted Mar 25, 2020 05:35 PM

I thought I would give the 'Deploy New APs' task a try, but when I do so it says there are "no unprovisioned APs". However I do have three new unconfigured APs in the system. Any thoughts what is going on? What is it looking at to find 'unprovisioned APs'?

cm119_0-1585171934311.png

cm119_1-1585172072988.png

• 2.  RE: Mobility Master Deploy New APs Task
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2020 05:53 PM

Don't use that wizard to deploy APs.

You can easily use Configuration> Access Points, which would apply to all of the access points you would want to deploy, NOT just unprovisioned APs.

• 3.  RE: Mobility Master Deploy New APs Task

Posted Mar 25, 2020 06:58 PM

Yes that is what I normally do, I just thought I would try this method after reading about it in the 'Understanding Aruba OS 8.x' book that this method can be used for configuring several APs at the same time. In the past (previous versions of MM?) when I did the Configuration, Access Points method and selected multiple APs, the Provision button would gray out, so I had to do them one at a time. This seems to be fixed now, or at least it's working for me now. 

• 4.  RE: Mobility Master Deploy New APs Task

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2020 07:11 PM

You can always provision multiple APs of the same type, in the provision dialog.  It has been this way for quite a few years.