Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Master sizing document

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Mobility Master sizing document

Posted Feb 27, 2020 06:15 AM

Looking for an MM sizing document that actually specifies CPU and memory requirements. Found a glossy PDF that tells me part numbers in terms  no of supported clients but nothing of actual machine/vm spec

been told mem requirements dependent on no of cpus defined.

Also heard that if using airgroups you need to over spec the mmaster... by how much ?

Rgds

Alex

• 2.  RE: Mobility Master sizing document
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: Mobility Master sizing document

Posted Mar 01, 2020 09:39 PM

If you have the resources, you can always overspec the MM. It won't hurt, just requires more CPU and RAM. I don't have an answer for you on what is required for your needs, sorry. Also, if you build an MM, there is an easy process to do an in-place upgrade of the VM hardware to make the MM a larger more powerful machine. I think I wrote about it responding to someone in a previous question. The VMM does need to be taken down for a short period of time, but it is a quick, straightforward process.

I hope this helps,

• 4.  RE: Mobility Master sizing document

Posted Mar 01, 2020 09:43 PM

I found the previous post with the upgrade procedure. This procedure also works for virtual MCs.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Upgrade-VM-hardware-for-MM/m-p/634598

I hope this helps,