Wireless Access

Contributor I

Mobility Master - v8.4.0.0 - Upgrade Cluster

Where did the Upgrade Cluster feature go?

TIA

Greg

Guru Elite

Re: Mobility Master - v8.4.0.0 - Upgrade Cluster

Maintenance> Software management

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

Thanks.

Does this mean the Upgrade profile is also going away?
I tried the software management to upgrade the cluster - does not copy the file from IIS ftp server. The Upgrade Cluster worked on v8.3.0.4.
TAC not aware of the change. I will bring this up.

Thanks
Guru Elite

When you say upgrade profile, what do you mean?  Can you see this screen?

Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 20.34.09.png

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

Guru Elite

To be clear, if you want to upgrade the cluster you would either do Maintenence> Software Management.  You can also get to that same page by going to Configuration> Tasks> Install New Software.  You can upgrade a cluster via FTP on that page. Were you thinking of a different type of upgrade?

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Contributor I

No, same type of upgrade. I was looking for the same upgrade feature that used the Upgrade Profile prior to version 8.4. It was quick and easy wish the upgrade profile. The software management/install new software features are not working for me. I did see your screen shot and tried with a '.' preceeding the file name -  MM cannot locate the file. However, Upgrade Cluster using the Upgrade Profile always worked.

Windows ftp non-GUI  client finds the ArubaOS.

thanks

Guru Elite

I apologize.  The dot is not supposed to precede the filename.  That was not a real example. You are not supposed to put the full filename with a cluster upgrade.  Please see a real example below:

Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 20.26.50.png

Software to install needs to be like you see it.  The MM will prepend a prefix for whatever platform will be upgraded.  If you have multiple platforms, it will simply add the platform to the beginning of the filename.  For example, if it is an 7005 to be upgrade, it will put ArubaOS_70xx_ in front of 8.4.0.0_68230 and look for the filename "ArubaOS_70xx_8.4.0.0_68230" on your FTP server.  If it is upgrading a 7200 series controller, it will just put "ArubaOS_72xx_" in front of 8.4.0.0_68230 and attempt to download the filename "ArubaOS_72xx_8.4.0.0_68230" from your FTP server.

I hope that makes sense.  When it comes to doing a cluster upgrade, you simply put the version and it will prepend the platform specific prefix and look for that filename.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

I found my problem.

I'm using FIPS. So, the file name must read 8.4.0.0-FIPS_68231

Thanks

Greg

Contributor I

Plus, Upgrade Cluster moved to:

Services/Clusters - Highlight Cluster Name, select down arrow.

Have fun!

Greg

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: