Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mounting brackets

This thread has been viewed 115 times
  • 1.  Mounting brackets

Posted Aug 21, 2019 10:01 AM

I haven't held an AP 515 yet so I wanted to check with the community if you could mount the AP to anything without ordering extra mounting brackets. From what I see the mounting brackets can only be ordered in packs of 10?

• 2.  RE: Mounting brackets

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2019 10:24 AM

Single mounts are now available, https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/og/OG_AP-510Series.pdf

But you would need to order a mount for each AP (no mounts are included)

• 3.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Aug 21, 2019 10:26 AM

Thanks for the confirmation.

@jhoward wrote:

Single mounts are now available, https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/og/OG_AP-510Series.pdf

But you would need to order a mount for each AP (no mounts are included)

• 4.  RE: Mounting brackets

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 21, 2019 10:39 AM

Nice, didnt known they are can also be separated order now.

When need pictures of the different mounttypes, you can check them here. https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=31544

• 5.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Aug 23, 2019 12:06 PM

There is a D mount which is a a thin mount that is slightly wider than the 515 rails. Then there is an E mount which can be mounted to a 1900 box. It's a plate mount.

There is also a B mount which is like the D mount.

• 6.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Jan 15, 2020 09:47 AM

Ok so i finially found images of MNT-A-D for 500 series....  on ebay no less.  This has helped me identify which style mount I need for my ceilings which I could find no documentation on what the bracket actually looked like.  I hope this helps everyone.

• 7.  RE: Mounting brackets

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 15, 2020 01:10 PM

That's great stuff but the document on the Aruba support website that Marcel points to above has tons of good info and pics as well.

• 8.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Jan 17, 2020 11:07 AM

Nice you are correct I didnt see:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=37170

Becuase the A-C pdf only shows the A/B style mount.  I wanted to see the special mount for the suspended ceiling that have the tiles that drop below the grid.

• 9.  RE: Mounting brackets

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 17, 2020 11:59 AM

The C-mount should be pictured in that PDF (page 8, 14, and 15). Or were you looking for one mounted? Unfortunately I don't have any dropped tiles to picture against.

• 10.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Jan 20, 2020 07:19 AM

AP-MNT-C bracket will be in today.  I will submit picture of them installed with drop tile recessed grid ceiling once I get them installed.

• 11.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Aug 21, 2020 08:04 PM

Wonder if anyone can help with my mounting challenges for AP5xxx series, posted here:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/AP-315-Mount-JX961A-AP-MNT-CM1/m-p/284804/highlight/false#

Thanks in advance!

• 12.  RE: Mounting brackets

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 22, 2020 02:25 AM

• 13.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Nov 03, 2020 03:47 PM
    Is there a generic bracket that is adjustable and fits all ceiling grid sizes?  Like what comes with a Meraki AP??

------------------------------
    Brandon Olds

• 14.  RE: Mounting brackets

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2020 04:27 PM
    No, that would result in an expensive and wasteful mount solution.

Onno Harms

• 15.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Mar 04, 2021 01:27 PM
    Hi,

I also am looking for mounting kits for my AP515's. I have a warehouse where there are flat ceiling railing and not sure what would be the best mount kit and best way to get the mount to be attached to the railings. I thought might be a D rail and then I have to use super strong double sided putty tape to attach the mount to the railing. This is what the railing looks like:

Yona Linkovsky

• 16.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Mar 04, 2021 01:47 PM
    Beam clamps, threaded rod and unistrut with a box attached would work.

Jim Lucas

• 17.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Mar 04, 2021 02:15 PM
    Yeah, after more research, thats what I saw other people doing. Like this:

Yona Linkovsky

• 18.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Aug 12, 2021 11:08 AM
    Hi All,

I have another question about what size mount I need for a suspended ceiling rail. The width of the rail is like just under 1.25 inch. Im not sure what mount would fit this best?

AP-MNT-A Campus AP mount bracket kit (individual) type A: suspended ceiling rail, flat 9/16
    AP-MNT-B Campus AP mount bracket kit (individual) type B: suspended ceiling rail, flat 15/16
    AP-MNT-C Campus AP mount bracket kit (individual) type C: suspended ceiling rail, profile 9/16

Yona Linkovsky

• 19.  RE: Mounting brackets

MVP
    Posted Aug 12, 2021 12:28 PM
      |   view attached
    Are you sure that rail isn't either 9/16" wide or 15/16" wide? (If not, I'd say its not a normal/standard sized drop ceiling rail)

MNT-A: suspended ceiling rail, flat 9/16", used on Suprafine or "TeeSystems"

MNT-B: suspended ceiling rail, flat 15/16", used on Suprafine or "TeeSystems"

MNT-C: suspended ceiling rail, profile 9/16", used on "Interlude" (top) and "Silhouette" (bottom) style rails 

See the attached PDF for more details.

Attachment(s)

• 20.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Aug 12, 2021 12:35 PM
    Hey, 

It was hard to measure, but I got a ruler thats more clear on measurements and it looks like its actually under an inch, just by a bit. Is that 15/16?

Yona Linkovsky

• 21.  RE: Mounting brackets

MVP
    Posted Aug 12, 2021 12:56 PM
    Yes if you line the ruler up a little better, you can see that rail is 15/16" inch wide. You will want MNT-B.

• 22.  RE: Mounting brackets

Posted Aug 12, 2021 01:05 PM
    thanks!

Yona Linkovsky