Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Multizone controller and Mobility Master licensing

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Multizone controller and Mobility Master licensing

Posted Aug 21, 2018 04:13 AM

Hi 

Trying to wrap my head around some licensing for a multi zone setup. 

in Primary Zone:

1 x MM-500 AP Licenses

2x7220 controllers

500 x AP lic

500 x PEFNG lic

500 x RFPROTECT lic

in Data Zone

1 x MM

2 x 7210 controllers

share 500 APs with primary zone

1 x PEFNG lic

QUestions: 

* how to license Mobility Master in data zone? it will only termiate access points as data zone

* if primary zone goes to 1000 APs - do I only need to add a MM 500 license, in addition to 500 x AP, PEFNG, RFPROTECT lic - or do I need a MM 1000 license? 

• 2.  RE: Multizone controller and Mobility Master licensing
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 21, 2018 09:15 AM
    You don’t need AP licenses on the DZ side since all the Aps will be managed and attached to the PZ controller (unless you are planning to deploy Aps on the DZ side) , you definitely need 1x PEF license to enable the firewall capabilities on the controller

You MM licenses to manage your controllers (500Aps + 2 Controllers) and Aps so your count should be MM-VA (500 + 50) minimum available count is 50

Not 100% sure about the amount of MM licenses on the DZ side but I think it might be same for the PZ MMs (550)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 3.  RE: Multizone controller and Mobility Master licensing
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2018 10:41 AM

Which 8.x version are you planning to run? Multizone continues to be enhanced as the firmware transitions from 8.1 -> 8.2 -> 8.3. The answer may vary depending on your expected firmware.

• 4.  RE: Multizone controller and Mobility Master licensing

Posted Aug 28, 2018 03:44 AM

data zone MM connects to primary zone MM and use that as external licensing server. No APs in data zone as primary - all APs in primary zone. 

so we only need AP licenses in primary zone

thanks!