Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Need help getting into IAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Need help getting into IAP

Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:06 PM

Contractors installed a handful of campus 345's at a site but were on the wrong VLAN (APs were trying to connect to a WLC that was on 6.5 which doesn't support 345s). The APs converted themselves into IAPs but now I'm not able to get into the APs. It used to be admin/admin but from a quick search, the password was changed in 8.5 to the AP serial number. How can I get the serial numbers? Or is there anyway to convert these back to campus APs (shut them down for x amount of minutes??) since I've placed them on the correct vlan? HELP!

• 2.  RE: Need help getting into IAP

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:33 PM

Do you still have the boxes, or a list of MAC address to serial number? If you have boxes, you could identify the APs by MAC address on the switches by looking at the MAC address table, or by looking at the ARP cache on the gateway device. Once you have the IP, you will have the MAC, and then you can use the serial from your records to log in.  If you don't have boxes, or a list.....you will need to visit each to reset and/or retrieve the serial numbers.

• 3.  RE: Need help getting into IAP

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:36 PM

Also, you could take a look at Aruba Activate if you have the purchase order. Work with Aruba to get this into activate, and you can retrieve serials this way. 

• 4.  RE: Need help getting into IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2020 03:45 AM

Below is a suggestion that might be helpful (You only need access to one AP)

1) Power off all of these new 345 APs.

2) Remove one of them and login to it and configure it as a preferred master in the Instant cluster. The serial number is available on the AP itself which you will use as the password.

3) Power on the other 345 APs..They will boot up and join this cluster.

4) Once all the APs are in cluster, convert them to a controller based APs

• 5.  RE: Need help getting into IAP

Posted Apr 07, 2020 12:01 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not onsite due to shelter at home orders. I'm trying to work with our account manager and SE to see if they have a database with serial numbers and mac addresses, hopefully this works (the boxes were thrown out a while ago). Otherwise I'll have to ask the PM to have the crew reset the APs back to default (only 8 APs) and make sure we have the right options turned on in the dhcp server for the vlan.