Wireless Access

last person joined: 26 minutes ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Netservice

Posted Sep 27, 2016 11:05 AM

I am a newbie to Aruba.  There are a number of netservices running on our 650 controller that I want to disable.  However, when I type the "no netservice <netservice that is enabled>" I get an error message stating that it is in use.  Is there a default setup that I have not comprehended since I do not have any interfaces configured with any of the netservices?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Netservice

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2016 11:08 AM
    You cannot remove the defaults. They don't do anything if you don't reference them in your policies.

• 3.  RE: Netservice

Posted Sep 27, 2016 11:24 AM

Hi Tim,

I have "netservice svc-telnet tcp 23" in my 650 running-configuration.

I do not see any other reference to this anywhere in the running-configuration..

When I typed "no netservice svc-telnet tcp 23" and issued the "write" command, I got a message that it was in service.

How do I disable or shutdown this netservice? Is there a "show" command that also shows default configurations similar to Cisco's "show run all"?  Thank you

• 4.  RE: Netservice

Posted Sep 27, 2016 11:25 AM

Tim,

I was able to successfully add "netservice svc-ssh tcp 22" to m 650 running-configuration.  It wasn't there before.

• 5.  RE: Netservice
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2016 11:29 AM
    You can't remove it. It doesn't do anything, it's just an alias.

• 6.  RE: Netservice

Posted Sep 27, 2016 11:42 AM

Tim,

So each of the netservice entries in my running-configuration are just alias?  If so, thank you very much for clearing my cobwebs.

--- John Imperial, IEEE Wireless Communications Professional

• 7.  RE: Netservice

Posted Sep 27, 2016 11:44 AM

Tim,

If each of the netservice lines are alias, then this is very similar to the Palo Networks firewalls.

--- John Imperial, IEEE Wireless Communications Professional