Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Network-Operations access

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Network-Operations access

Posted May 21, 2012 12:42 PM

I have configured radius authentication access that give default access roll of network-operations. The trouble is that then going to the Monitoring tab Controller | Access Points, then choosing an AP and clicking the Status button we receive a series of errors such as:

“Error in getting 'show profile-list ap mesh-radio-profile start 0' data: You do not have permission to execute this show command show profile-list ap mesh-radio-profile start 0”

Then clicking OK will cycle through several more such errors. Since these are just show commands it seems like there should not be any issues.

What I was wanting to set up was two AD groups. One group would give the ability to look at the Dashboard and Monitoring, the other AD group would get root. I was not able to do this, so I am now giving the AD group Network-Operations access and local authentication for root. Is there a better way to do this, or a way to fix the errors at least?

• 2.  RE: Network-Operations access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2012 01:13 PM

You should try the read-only role, instead...

• 3.  RE: Network-Operations access

Posted May 21, 2012 01:30 PM

Thanks for the reply. I tried that, and that does get rid of the errors, but the window is blank with no information and no errors. The only way this works is if I give root access which I do not want to do.

• 4.  RE: Network-Operations access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2012 01:33 PM
    That should not be. Please clear your browser cache and try again....

• 5.  RE: Network-Operations access

Posted May 21, 2012 02:29 PM

Thanks, such an obvious thing I should have tried that first!

• 6.  RE: Network-Operations access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2012 02:51 PM
    NOT obvious. That is why the community is here.