Wireless Access

Contributor I

Network-Operations access

I have configured radius authentication access that give default access roll of network-operations. The trouble is that then going to the Monitoring tab Controller | Access Points, then choosing an AP and clicking the Status button we receive a series of errors such as:

“Error in getting 'show profile-list ap mesh-radio-profile start 0' data: You do not have permission to execute this show command show profile-list ap mesh-radio-profile start 0”

Then clicking OK will cycle through several more such errors. Since these are just show commands it seems like there should not be any issues.

What I was wanting to set up was two AD groups. One group would give the ability to look at the Dashboard and Monitoring, the other AD group would get root. I was not able to do this, so I am now giving the AD group Network-Operations access and local authentication for root. Is there a better way to do this, or a way to fix the errors at least?

Guru Elite

Re: Network-Operations access

You should try the read-only role, instead...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply. I tried that, and that does get rid of the errors, but the window is blank with no information and no errors. The only way this works is if I give root access which I do not want to do.

Guru Elite

That should not be. Please clear your browser cache and try again....

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

Thanks, such an obvious thing I should have tried that first!

Guru Elite

NOT obvious. That is why the community is here.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: