Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

New AP-207 doesnt broadcast setmeup SSID.

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  New AP-207 doesnt broadcast setmeup SSID.

Posted Mar 04, 2020 05:39 AM

I have brand new AP-207, I connected it to PoE switch to power it on, with no other connectivity. I am trying to setup AP as IAP but it does not broadcast setmeup ssid. Wifi LED is off. Power LED is solid but after while starts blinking (100mbps connection, in manual is said, it blinks when link speed is 1<gpbs). I tried pushing factory reset (5 seconds), with no help. How to setup this AP? Thank you.

• 2.  RE: New AP-207 doesnt broadcast setmeup SSID.
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 04, 2020 05:48 AM

Are you certain this is an IAP? There will be an IAP-207 versus an AP-207 sticker on the back. If it is an AP, you cannot convert it to an IAP.

**EDIT**

Here is some further info to help you locate the sticker.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/Identify-IAP-from-AP/td-p/129319

Note, if it is an IAP then make sure that your DHCP is configured correct to allow the IAP to obtain an IP address.

• 3.  RE: New AP-207 doesnt broadcast setmeup SSID.

Posted Mar 04, 2020 06:12 AM

Thank you Craig, you are right, we have AP-207, not IAP. I am new to this hardware and I didnt know that there are two versions.

• 4.  RE: New AP-207 doesnt broadcast setmeup SSID.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2020 06:34 AM

Starting from January 2017 on all APs are so called "Unified APs - UAP" which are capable of operating in Instant controllerless, controllerbase, Remote Access Point, Spectrum Analyzer or AirMonitor Mode on the same Platform.

The AP-207 came up October 2016. He´s End of Sales but not End of Support which will be February 2025. Until than you will get full Hardware and Software Support.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life/#AccessPoints

cordless_0-1583321303734.png