Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  New AP Group

Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:27 PM

I need to create a new AP group. I have already cloned an exisiting group.

The old-group has 3 ssids configured but I only want the new-group to have 2 of the original 3.

When I disable the VAP or the ssid for #3 in the new-group, it disables it for the old-group as well.

I'm sure there is a way to do what I need to do but I'm obviously missing something here. 

• 2.  RE: New AP Group

Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:30 PM

Clone the VAP as well.  You should then have a new VAP in the new AP group and you can enable/disable it wihtout affecting the original VAP.

• 3.  RE: New AP Group

Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:31 PM

OR... just remove the VAP from the new AP group.

• 4.  RE: New AP Group

Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:33 PM

That was my first thought but I didnt want to have the delete affect the "cloned" group.

If I delete the VAP from new-group, it wont delete it from the old-group?

• 5.  RE: New AP Group

Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:38 PM
    No, it will not. Deleting the VAP from an AP group only removes it from the AP group.

• 6.  RE: New AP Group

Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:44 PM

Does the delete need to be done from the cli?

I dont see an option for it in the gui. 

I am running v. 6.2.1.2_38532

• 7.  RE: New AP Group

Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:50 PM

I found it in the GUI. 

Deleted the un-needed VAP from the new-group without affecting the old-group.

Thanks for your help !

• 8.  RE: New AP Group
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 03, 2013 02:50 PM
    Do you have a single controller or a master/local environment? You can only delete the VAP from an AP group on the master. The local controller is just an AP termination point, not a configuration point.

If you are on the master (or the only controller in your network), click on Configuration > AP Group > > Wireless LAN > Virtual AP. You should then be able to click the Delete button beside the relevant VAP.