Wireless Access

last person joined: an hour ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

New family of Aruba Access Points "Instant On"

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  New family of Aruba Access Points "Instant On"

Posted Jun 24, 2019 10:41 AM

Hi guys,

Today arrived at office and a email from Aruba announcing the new family of Aruba Access Points "Instant On"! Started to looking for information (very little at the moment) and after a few readings became dissappointed :( First things I have read:

- All the documentation says for small business.

- No more than 25 APs in a cluster.

- Only up to 8 SSIDs.

- Businesses with 1-100 employees

- Management: Instant On mobile application and Instant On cloud portal (no local management as Instant! other cloud portal that Central!)

It has its own community, not signed yet, but I would like to know your opinions about this new family. Everythings points this is the same level of Meraki access points... for small business... What to say to customer now when before we said we don't make Wi-Fi for small business? What to say to customer now when before we said we have two management options with the same AP hardware, and other vendors like Meraki must change the AP infrastructure if they wanted to change from cloud-based to on-premises management platform? And etc., etc., etc. Please your opinions.

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: New family of Aruba Access Points "Instant On"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2019 11:56 AM

Please contact your local sales team for further explanation. "Instant On" is a completely different and separate small business market.

• 3.  RE: New family of Aruba Access Points "Instant On"

Posted Jun 26, 2019 09:28 PM

Instant ON seems aimed at small business (right now we have the OfficeConnect APs series like the OC20) but at no means to replace the corporative APs like 3xx or 5xx.

• 4.  RE: New family of Aruba Access Points "Instant On"

Posted Jun 26, 2019 09:46 PM
    Yes, sure they are addressed to small business, it is clearly specified on its website. And sure that type of APs are not going to replace the high-grade 3xx and 5xx APs, no way.
    Well, actually HPE already has devices for that market like the OfficeConnect APs and switches as you said (but branded as HPE instead of Aruba :)). Do they will complement each other? Who knows...

Regards,
    Julián

• 5.  RE: New family of Aruba Access Points "Instant On"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2019 05:45 AM

Please discuss with your local Aruba sales team, they will get you your answers.

• 6.  RE: New family of Aruba Access Points "Instant On"

Posted Jul 22, 2019 02:07 PM

Hello,

Response from my  local Aruba sales team : 

"We don't sell this product it's not my business :( "

The line between Instant On and Instant is not clear. I understant that Instant On is branded "simplicity first" but why continu buy Instant which is 4X expensive and add enventually cloud subsciption. 

We need a matrix feature sheets between the two products

Regards,

• 7.  RE: New family of Aruba Access Points "Instant On"

Posted Jul 22, 2019 04:05 PM

Yeah, I agree that's not a professional answer. Instant is much more powerful than Instant On. This is a feature matrix from an Instant On Latin American webinar:

[Sensitive Content]

Regards,

Julián