Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

New point-to-point setup recommendations

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  New point-to-point setup recommendations

Posted Dec 05, 2014 10:52 AM

This are first setup of this type and I would like a few tips if possible.

Equipment 

4 - 175P 

4 - Sets of ANT -2005 - H and V omnidirectional antennas

4 - ANT - 2x2 - 5314 antennas

I know where each antenna attaches but I can't seem to find the best practice when attaching these antennas.

For the omnidirection antennas is it best to use both or just one?

And I have a similar question about the 2x2 - 5314 antennas.  Should I connect both the horizontal and vertical connections to the 175P?

Also in our lab we have a similar setup for testing except we have ANT-3x3-D608s instead of the 5314 antennas.  Will the D608s work with the 175Ps?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: New point-to-point setup recommendations

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2014 11:59 AM

@duslan1812 wrote:

This are first setup of this type and I would like a few tips if possible.

Equipment 

4 - 175P 

4 - Sets of ANT -2005 - H and V omnidirectional antennas

4 - ANT - 2x2 - 5314 antennas

I know where each antenna attaches but I can't seem to find the best practice when attaching these antennas.  The 5314 should be installed vertically with two antenna connectors.

For the omnidirection antennas is it best to use both or just one?  You will need two antennas for each band (2005s).  If you are uisng the 2005 (2.4ghz), you need to screw one antenna into port 1, and one antenna into port 6 (see diagram below), because the 2005 is a 2.4ghz antenna.  

And I have a similar question about the 2x2 - 5314 antennas.  Should I connect both the horizontal and vertical connections to the 175P? (The 5314 should be installed vertically with two antenna connectors on the #4 and #5 antenna interfaces, because it is a 5ghz only antenna)

Also in our lab we have a similar setup for testing except we have ANT-3x3-D608s instead of the 5314 antennas.  Will the D608s work with the 175Ps?  Yes.  They come with 3 connectors, but one will be capped. The D608s can be used for either 2.4 or 5ghz. Connect the uncapped connectors to the AP175 on connectors #1 and #6 as a pair or #4 and #5 as a pair.    Please see the ordering guide here:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/OG_AP-175.pdf

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

175-antenna.png