Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

No redirection Captive Portal with Master-local

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  No redirection Captive Portal with Master-local

Posted Apr 18, 2012 06:56 PM

I'm having trouble with the captive portal on all APs terminated on a local controller.  If I change the ap group so any-given local AP then terminates at the Master, Captive portal works just fine.  My understanding was that all CAP settings except uploaded content synced with the local controller.  Yet it seems to not be the case.

The two controllers both live on the same private Campus, with layer 2 ethernet between all sites.

Any hints on where I start to troubleshoot?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(aruba_master) #show switches

All Switches
    ------------
    IP Address Name Location Type Version Status Configuration State Config Sync Time (sec)
    ---------- ---- -------- ---- ------- ------ ------------------- ----------------------
    10.26.1.252 aruba_master MainCloset master 5.0.4.3 up UPDATE SUCCESSFUL 0
    10.26.1.253 aruba_local Building1.floor1 local 5.0.4.3 up UPDATE SUCCESSFUL 10

• 2.  RE: No redirection Captive Portal with Master-local

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2012 09:41 AM

Does the local controller have an IP address on the VLAN to which the users are getting assigned?