Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

OS X Clients drop Airplay devices on IAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  OS X Clients drop Airplay devices on IAP

Posted Feb 14, 2019 02:59 PM

I'm running a small network with wired and wireless airplay devices all connected on the same subnet with no VLANS, one Aruba 315-IAP and one Apple Airport Extreme.  

IOS devices connect to either access point and always see all airplay devices.

OS X clients, wired and wireless, see some/all of the airplay devices, but over time, 5 minutes to a couple of hours, will only see the wired airplay devices.  Bouncing the OS X network connection reestablishes the full list of devices, but they soon disappear.

I'm running IAP 8.3.0.5.  I have Bonjour, DLNA, Guest Bonjour Multicast enabled as well as all of the airgroup services.  I have no disallowed users or vlans.  Two SSID's, I tried every option for Broadcast Filtering on the SSID supporting the wireless Airplay devices.  

If I put all the wireless devices on the Airport Extreme everything works all the time from all devices.  I was hoping to put the airplay clients on the Aruba AP.

All of the airplay devices are visible from the Airgroup user interface with Airplay as an available service.  I can ping all airplay devices at all times.

I've turned IPV6 off on every device on the network.  I've tried multiple switches, factory reset the switches.  The Airplay devices are a combination of commercial devices and raspberry pi's.  Both commercial and the raspberry pi's drop from the OS X list without discrimination

I'm not sure how to debug this to find why the OS X devices are unable to see the airplay devices all the time.

Any help is much appreciated

thanks...