Wireless Access

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Odd wireless issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Odd wireless issue

Posted Apr 03, 2019 11:19 AM
    We currently run Aruba Wireless on Campus. Running an Aruba 7220 wireless controller. We keep getting reports of people saying that are having major connectivity issues between 10pm and 1am every night. Sometimes they are even kicked completely off the Wi-Fi and others they have no bandwidth (0.05 down). I am at a loss, this issue does not present itself during the day. Does anyone have any idea where I can even start looking into this? We do have Airwave and the AP that these people connect to are AP105s.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Odd wireless issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 11:23 AM

On the controller, type "show log wireless all" and "show log system all" to see if there are any events between that time that suggests what could be going on.

• 3.  RE: Odd wireless issue

Posted Apr 03, 2019 11:43 AM

Only thing I am seeing is power going up and down on the surrounding APs, but not the specific one I have been referencing. 

• 4.  RE: Odd wireless issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 11:53 AM

Do you have "Drop Broadcasts and Unknown Multicast" enabled on all of your Virtual APs?  Random, sustain broadcast and multicast traffic can easily bring a network down.

• 5.  RE: Odd wireless issue

Posted Apr 03, 2019 01:02 PM

It is actually unchecked. Is this something that could case an issue like this? If I enable this function, are there any negative impacts?

• 6.  RE: Odd wireless issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 01:09 PM

If there is sustained broadcasts, client traffic could be distrupted.  If you turn on the knob ARP and DHCP would be allowed.  Applications that rely on broadcasts and multicasts would be disrupted.

• 7.  RE: Odd wireless issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 07:29 PM

I would encourage you to open a AOS TAC ticket to troubleshoot this, you could also look at the monitor page of the controller or AP's to see any events, if the ap goes down or its radio activity etc.

--