Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Ommit

Posted Sep 14, 2017 11:05 AM

I have a single line in my config to send user severity notification logging to a syslog server

logging 10.250.248.8 type user severity notifications

in addition to the <NOTI> messages, I am also receiving lots of <ERRS> messages.

My question is...Can I allow the notification messages but block the <ERRS> messages to my logging server 10.250.248.8 ?

Thanks

Randy

• 2.  RE: Ommit
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2017 04:33 AM

Please see here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/logging_level.htm?Highlight=severity

Usage Guidelines

There are eight logging severity levels, each with its associated types of messages. Each level also includes the levels below it. For example, if you set the logging level to informational (6), all messages from level 0 through level 5 (from emergencies through notifications) are also logged. The warnings severity level is set by default for all message categories.

• 3.  RE: Ommit

Posted Sep 15, 2017 10:26 AM

Colin...thanks for the response...always appreciate your thorough responses.  Is there any chance the higher level messages can be suppressed...my FW team is complaining about the events per second hit they are getting from  the 0-4 level logging...Thanks again...Randy

• 4.  RE: Ommit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2017 06:46 PM

Randy,

There is no solution on the Aruba Side.  Informational can be quite chatty and should really only be used during debugging.  What are you looking for?