Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

PEFV on VMC

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  PEFV on VMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 08, 2019 03:15 AM

Hi Team,

Do we support PEFV functionality on virtual mobility controllers? If so then how to we size the virtual controller to reflect corresponding PEFV license such as LIC-7005-PEFV, LIC-7008-PEFV etc. as VMC only comes in 4 variants MC-VA-10/50/250/1K??

Many thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Manish

• 2.  RE: PEFV on VMC

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 08, 2019 03:31 AM

It is supported and you would base it on the total number AP's using a  PEF-LIC within the environment. 

• 3.  RE: PEFV on VMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 08, 2019 06:26 AM

Hi,

Many thanks for the prompt response. So when you say I should base it on no. of AP's using PEF-LIC do you mean the PEF firewall license or was it a typo and you meant PEFV VPN license?

Basically my scenario is to use this virtual controller only as a VPN concentrator with multiple BOC's and VPN users across geo location.

Many thanks!!

• 4.  RE: PEFV on VMC

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 08, 2019 06:31 AM

Ah sorry, I mis-read it! In that case the PEFV is a single license which is applied to the MD. So this is a single license per controller. 

For example :

Aruba LIC-7005-PEFV Controller Policy Enforcement Firewall for Aruba 7005 Controller License E-LTU

The license capacity scales to the controller user capacity

• 5.  RE: PEFV on VMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2019 03:35 AM

Licensing for VIA VPN has moved to a per concurrent connection license:

JZ148AA Aruba LIC-VIA Per VIA Client Controller VPN License E-LTU

This replaces the PEFV license, which is still orderable.

Please work with your Aruba Partner or Aruba account team to get the right licenses quoted for your deployment.