Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Picking between AP 68 and AP 93

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Picking between AP 68 and AP 93

Posted Nov 18, 2012 09:51 PM

Hello

Got a few question whenever i should pick an AP 68 and AP93

As we know the AP 68 is just a single radio Antena which only works on 2.4ghz.. its 1x1:1

The AP 93  works on 2.4ghz OR on 5ghz  but its 2x2:2

Now Knowing that

If a custumer does not have High density and will only use 2.4ghz would you pick ap 68 over AP 93?

Guess the recommended numbers of users on the AP 93 could be something around 30 if they are just browsing and not using Voice in it...

For the AP 68 guess it would be less.. someting around 20? as it just can reach 100mbs? if they are just browsing and does not have voice or high traffic  application...

Does by any chance the 2 antenas for transmitiing and reciving make it go  farther than the one on AP 68 which just got 1 antena for reciving and 1 for trasmitting?

Do i need to take other considerations?

I ask this becuase we have been selling the AP92 as our lowest cost AP and we have not taken in consideration the AP 68 which impact in the price, as they maybe does not need the AP92....

Any comments?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Picking between AP 68 and AP 93
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2012 07:12 AM

If there is a chance that mobility requirements would ever increase beyond handhelds, or if you have to design for any kind of capacity, I would not consider the AP-68.

• 3.  RE: Picking between AP 68 and AP 93

Posted Nov 19, 2012 08:38 AM

Thank you very much Colllin!