Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Point to point wireless mesh switch config stp

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Point to point wireless mesh switch config stp

Posted Aug 24, 2020 10:15 AM

I have 2x IAP-374 creating a wireless mesh. I'm upgrading the remote switch from an old Nortel 450 to an Avaya 4950. 

While on the Nortel 450, the mesh is able to form and traffic is flowing successfully on all vlans. When connected to the 4950, the mesh forms, but no traffic is passed.

The local switch is staying the same and is already a 4950.

the 450 switch had standard STP enabled, with the IAP uplink set to learning.

Both 4950 switches have RSTP enabled, with the links to the IAPs having learning enabled.

All vlans are tagged, including the pvid, which is the vlan of the IAP mgmt.

I'm unsure why I'm not able to send/receive traffic, but STP appears to be the culprit. I'm not entering a forwarding state on the remote switch.

Also, should the NAtive VLAN of the remote AP wired downlink be set to the vlan of the IAPs mgmt vlan, or should it be set to that of the downlink switch mgmt vlan?

• 2.  RE: Point to point wireless mesh switch config stp

Posted Aug 24, 2020 11:47 AM

Hi, 

my usual deployment is keep the untagged VLAN is the MGMT VLAN for the AP, then all user VLANs are tagged

I have had problems with that in a customer lately and all the problem was a misconfigured with VLANs at port level.

JoseMi