Wireless Access

Re: Poor performance

Also are those Tvs connecting to 2.4ghz? or 5ghz? band?

Do you see if you got many timeouts? maybe they are connecting to the 2.4ghz...

Do you have Band steering on?

well it applies if you got a dual band AP like a 105 AP

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Contributor II

I do have band steering on but we have a mixture of 93 and 105's. We started with the 93 AP's thinking of just doing an instant environment but we grew very quickly and were limited to 16 AP's on one network that's one of the reasons we went we a controller.

While I was writing this I thought I would check all SSID's and found that the  AppleTV SSID was the only one without band steering enabled.

Well check if they are connecting to the bando of 5ghz...

If you got too many users on the same band for example if you got a 105 with for example more than 25 users, then this will affect you...

For voice is recommended not more than 15 in one band... yours is video... so maybe it something around that...

Try the apple tv on the 5ghz band

This recommendation is per band... i mean you can have 25 users on one band and 25 more on 5ghz band....

You can check if the ap is overloaded on network access point, and check how many clients are attached to the APS look if the AP is not overloaded!

Alternetworks Corp

Just out of curiosity

Why do you have soo many SSIDs?

Do you need to give them different permitions to the internal network?

Beacuse if you do and you got Active directory and they are on Active directory the clients, then you can use derived roles and have one SSID and you can have the clients with differrent permitions depending on the AD group...

Alternetworks Corp
Contributor II

We have that many SSID's because of our iPad environment we needed multiple Subnets to accommodate all of our wireless clients. Also we wanted to put all the Apple TV's on one subnet. 

Frequent Contributor II

tattony,

have you tried this testing (using iPad with SSID other Apple-TV) while there is almost no one in the whole network (e.g after school hours) ? If yes, does the problem persist ?

Frequent Contributor II

@tattony wrote:

We have that many SSID's because of our iPad environment we needed multiple Subnets to accommodate all of our wireless clients. Also we wanted to put all the Apple TV's on one subnet. 

if its just for subnet issue, you could have added multiple VLANS or VLAN pool for single SSID to accommudate all users.

Highlighted

In that enviroment maybe you can consider clear pass if you got no budget for that maybe just quickconnect(this is a new product)

Quick connect let you to autoconfigure the EAP PEAP  for example on this devices...

This mean that you can have those ipads with users of AD, and do derived roles....

You will not need to configure all the ipads manually as they willl autoconfigure themselft and its something you just need to do once... or at least the client... you dont need to touch anything on their ipads...

But then you will need to create all the users on AD or create another domain just for that with a separate AD....

You can ask for a demo license... and try it yourself...

Like i said its a new product

but i guess you can look on that on another time when you got no issues like you having now :)

Alternetworks Corp

Abi is right...

IF you dont need different permitions... then you can put vlan poolin... and do also named vlans

And for one SSID you can have like 4 vlans mapped to that single SSID.

Alternetworks Corp
Contributor II

@Abi wrote:

tattony,

have you tried this testing (using iPad with SSID other Apple-TV) while there is almost no one in the whole network (e.g after school hours) ? If yes, does the problem persist ?

Yes and yes.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: