Wireless Access

ZL
Contributor II

Pre-shared Key SSID now working

Hi,

For the guest access I have preshared key SSID on VLAN 70. I configured the controller as a DHCP server. Everything worked for about 3 months but today the SSID stoped working. No one are able to get to the internet. I just want some command to troubleshoot this issue, something to start up with. 

Guru Elite

Re: Pre-shared Key SSID now working

Is this an instant AP cluster or a hardware Aruba Controller?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
ZL
Contributor II

This is controller base cluster. 

Has anything changed in your environment recently (#show audit-trail)? Have you completed any basic steps yet so far?

- Are your clients getting an IP address? What is doing DHCP for VLAN 70 (#show ip dhcp database), has this been checked?

- Is VLAN 70 still allowed on the relevant switch ports? (#show vlan status /#show port status)

- Within your AAA Profile (#show aaa profile XXXX), it will show the User Role which your clients are assigned, does this permit the access you require?

- Is the relevant routing in place to the gateway?

- If this is a cluster, are the VRRP's (#show vrrp) correct (e.g Master/Backup)

- What version of AOS are you running (#show version)?

If you could provide a bit little overview of your network this would be a good help.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
ZL
Contributor II

Hi,

To answer you questions: 

1- Nothing changed in my environment 

2- End user getting DHCP IP and the role is Guest-logon they are not getting to post authientication role which is guest

3- For Vlan 70 I am doing IP Nat inside to nat the traffic to the management VLAN 

4- My feeling is that there is something went wrong with the aaa profile. 

Your clients will have already been authenticated in the first instance with your Guest-logon role which is defined as your Initial Role when using PSK. Does this contain a Captive Portal which then assigns the Guest role upon successful authentication. If you using a Captive Portal with Guest-logon, ensure that the clients are assigned a valid and working DNS. If the controller does not see a DNS response, it will not intercept and load the Captive Portal.

Feel free to post the output of your User Roles and AAA Profile.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: