Wireless Access

last person joined: 37 minutes ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem Radius Attributes on Controller

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Problem Radius Attributes on Controller

Posted May 13, 2016 04:06 AM

Hi,

we're currently using Cisco ACS 5.x for our VPN User Database. Currently we set with Radius the Users inner-VPN IP and a inner vlan (Cisco VPN). If we use that database for Aruba VIA-VPN we're suprised: We get the IP and the VLAN from the Radius in the VIA Client used. And that is the base of my questions:

- We need to set a different IP for Aruba VPN (different Subnet) - is Aruba AP IP adress here usable for that ? If i work with the internal Server and set an IP for the User it works also with the VIA Client. So i need to "prefer" or "ignore" that other VSA.

- We need to "irgnore" the vlan VSA because on Aruba we use a IP-Pool

Does anyone know how to overwrite Server VSA or how to custom the settings on the controller ?

In our constellation we need a way to drive both ways: Old Cisco VPN and New Aruba VPN paralell where Cisco needs the IP and Vlan VSA and a "static" IP for Aruba VIA Users (Host-VIA-Pool with one IP doesn't work)

Thanks in advance for Feedback!

• 2.  RE: Problem Radius Attributes on Controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2016 05:23 AM

Unfortunately, Radius VSAs are at the top of the priority list and cannot be filtered out.  You might have to choose to duplicate your authentication scheme and make one for Aruba and one for Cisco.

• 3.  RE: Problem Radius Attributes on Controller
    Best Answer

Posted May 13, 2016 05:57 AM

OK,

we try to configure a rule/scheme on the ACS for that situation. Is there any "list" that shows the radius VSA that the aruba controller accepts "anyway" with high prio ?

Thanks 

• 4.  RE: Problem Radius Attributes on Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2016 06:03 AM

I am not aware of such a list.  Let me check.