Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem configuring Guest-access Captive Portal

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Problem configuring Guest-access Captive Portal

Posted Aug 30, 2013 06:11 PM

I am having a problem with using the captive portal for guest access.  I get the captive portal page, but clicking through, I do not get successfully redirected to my site.  Instead, it often just sits at the "External Welcome Page" (http://10.100.0.110/cgi-bin/login)  The URL doesn't look right though.  The Controller IP is the main IP used, not the proper IP on the vlan.  Why would the page not be using the IP on that VLAN?

It sort of seems to be working though, if I look at the user-table, but I still can't pass traffic.

Here is when I'm newly connected to the wifi:

(Aruba3600) #show user-table mac 00:16:cf:00:02:27

Users
    -----
    IP MAC Name Role Age(d:h:m) Auth VPN link AP name Roaming Essid/Bssid/Phy Profile Forward mode Type
    ---------- ------------ ------ ---- ---------- ---- -------- ------- ------- --------------- ------- ------------ ----
    10.200.1.61 00:16:cf:00:02:27 guest-logon 00:00:00 Library-L356-AP135 Wireless Concordia Guest/d8:c7:c8:80:db:58/a Concordia-Guest tunnel Win XP

Here is when I've clicked through and it's 'spinning':

(Aruba3600) #show user-table mac 00:16:cf:00:02:27

Users
    -----

IP MAC Name Role Age(d:h:m) Auth VPN link AP name Roaming Essid/Bssid/Phy Profile Forward mode Type
    ---------- ------------ ------ ---- ---------- ---- -------- ------- ------- --------------- ------- ------------ ----
    10.200.1.61 00:16:cf:00:02:27 guest@concordia.ab.ca Concordia-Guest 00:00:02 Web Library-L356-AP135 Wireless Concordia Guest/d8:c7:c8:80:db:58/a Concordia-Guest tunnel Win XP

Thanks in advance,

• 2.  RE: Problem configuring Guest-access Captive Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2013 07:36 PM

you need to use the ip cp-redirect parameter to make sure the correct ip address on the correct VLAN is used....http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Command-of-the-Day/COTD-ip-cp-redirect-address/td-p/236