Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with IAP GUI

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Problem with IAP GUI

Posted Sep 06, 2013 06:51 AM

Hello,

I have some IAP's that I am managing thru Airwave. But sometimes, I'll go on site and I would like to modify the configuration directly thru the GUI.

When I apply the modifications, they are rejected by the IAP that says Airwave don't let do this.

Is it the correct behavior or is there an option that let me modify my IAP in the GUI ?

Thanks

Regards

Dimitri

• 2.  RE: Problem with IAP GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2013 07:36 AM

No.  This is as expected.  When the IAP is being managed by Airwave, you cannot alter its config.  In Airwave 7.7.1+, there is the instant GUI config that mimicks the IAP UI.

• 3.  RE: Problem with IAP GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2013 10:49 AM

This feature is in place to consolidate where the device management is being done.  If you're editing from AirWave and also editing directly on the IAP GUI, you would end up having to spend time addressing mismatches and may run into other issues.  If features like Auto-Repair are enabled in AirWave, it would create a race condition where a setting applied directly on the IAP would be overwritten by AirWave.  The feature removes the ability to get into this state and also gives better admin accounting on each device's audit log (which is why it's suggested that each admin have their own login acct to AirWave).