Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems connecting iPhone 11 (only!) to AP515

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Problems connecting iPhone 11 (only!) to AP515

Posted Jan 20, 2020 06:22 AM

Does anyone here recognize a problem with connecting iPhone 11, previous models work just fine on same SSID, to AP515? The clients can connect using the right password (PSK) but won't get an IP address. I can see the client in MM under "clients" with only their MAC address. 

MM is acting DHCP server in my environment.

Please supply any commands I can run to troubleshoot, I am still very new to Aruba platform(s). 

• 2.  RE: Problems connecting iPhone 11 (only!) to AP515

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2020 07:13 AM

There is a possible issue.  If you can disable 802.11r and 802.11k, we can see if that still keeps you from connecting.

• 3.  RE: Problems connecting iPhone 11 (only!) to AP515

Posted Jan 20, 2020 07:36 AM

Hi! Since I am new to Aruba, I'll describe what I did. I went to System | Profiles | Wireless LAN | and then checked under 11k and 11r and none of them appear to be configured. "Advertise Capability" is not ticked. I would assume that means they are not in use. 

• 4.  RE: Problems connecting iPhone 11 (only!) to AP515

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2020 07:46 AM

Okay.  You should open a case with technical support so they can capture your information and setup.  

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/support-program/contact-support

• 5.  RE: Problems connecting iPhone 11 (only!) to AP515

Posted Jan 20, 2020 09:41 AM

I have logged a case now. Still interested in inut from ppl with same experiece and possible soluktions. I will update if/when Aruba solves it for future reference.

• 6.  RE: Problems connecting iPhone 11 (only!) to AP515
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 21, 2020 10:13 AM

Ok, so for future reference. Our version of ArubaOS is 8.5.03. In this version, the "high efficiency profile" is not compatiable with iPhone 11. Turning off the HEP restored full connectivity for the devices. The problem is reported to have been resolved in version 8.5.05.