Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-105(RW) fails to convert on VMC

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAP-105(RW) fails to convert on VMC

Posted Apr 30, 2020 02:39 PM

Hi Guys,

Got a bit of a strange one here and was hoping for some help/guidance to test a client scenario in my lab.

I have a Standalone Virtual Mobility Controller running on VMWare Workstation15 and running AOS 8.6.0.4.

I have eval licenses installed for AP & PEFNG.

I am using an IAP-105(RW):

- Factory reset to IAP completed

- Log into "Instant" SSID and can perform conversion to Campus AP managed by Mobility Controller.

- The AP comes up as a campus AP and request that I "Approve" the AP as a campus AP. (CPSEC is enabled but not using certificates)

- The AP is then moved to the pre-configured group and starts broadcasting the required SSID and client can successfully authenticate.

The next step is to convert this to a RAP using ADP.

Following the serial connection, the AP successfully discovers the Mobility Controller (Standalone) and obtains an IP address.

The controller can ping the AP's IP address once the AP has completed the boot process but then nothing.

The MAC Address of the AP105 is still listed in the Campus AP table and was also manually added to the RAP Whitelist table since I am using PSK and not Certificates due to missing TPM on VMC.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

• 2.  RE: RAP-105(RW) fails to convert on VMC
    Best Answer

Posted May 04, 2020 01:10 PM

If anyone encounters the same issue, try and use the certificate option for authentication and NOT PSK.

As soon as I changed to certificate, everything started working so not sure if it's a bug....