Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP 5 WN Configuration gets removed automaticaly

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP 5 WN Configuration gets removed automaticaly

Posted Nov 16, 2011 10:19 PM
    Dear Team, Any one can advise, why the RAP 5WN devices configuration gets removed automatically when there is any kinds of power fluctuation in the network. The device turn to factory default mode, and we need to configure that . Model :- RAP 5 WN ArubaOS 5.0.3.2 Pls advise Alex George

• 2.  RE: RAP 5 WN Configuration gets removed automaticaly

Posted Nov 17, 2011 02:57 AM

The RAP5 should preserve configuration between power down:up events.   I have run RAP-5's on battery packs many times and thus the power comes and goes as I switch on-off the battery pack.

When you say factory default, the embedded WEBUI asks you for the Master controller IP address again?

• 3.  RE: RAP 5 WN Configuration gets removed automaticaly

Posted Nov 17, 2011 10:27 AM

I have noticed this on occasion as well (both with 2WG and 5WN). After either a power blip or Internet outage a small number of RAPs lose what seems to be their master hostname. They do not connect to the controller, nor do they display provisioning page when connected via wire.

• 4.  RE: RAP 5 WN Configuration gets removed automaticaly
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 17, 2011 10:33 AM

There is a bug in 5.x that is fixed in 5.0.4.2 that should address this issue.  The issue is that the RAPs will lose their configuration after a WAN outage or reboot.  If you open a TAC case, the can give you more details.  The bug is #53443.