Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP Wired Network Access

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  RAP Wired Network Access

Posted Dec 18, 2019 01:51 PM

Hey all, first post here.

I'm terribly inexperienced with Aruba gear and apologize in advance for my ignorance.

Currently we have 2- 7030 controllers on a vip, 2- mobility master virtual appliances on a vip, several campus AP's and are rolling out AP-203RP RAPs for remote users. Currently, the RAPs are configured to broadcast one of our campus SSID's and works great. My question is, what steps would I need to take to enable wired client access on the RAPs?

• 2.  RE: RAP Wired Network Access

Posted Dec 19, 2019 06:24 AM

When you're configuring access point groups, click on your user name on the upper right hand corner, select preferences and enable "Show Advanced Profiles".

Now you will have Profiles settings in the APG menu, from there you can configure AP --> Ethernet Interface 1 --> Wired AP. Create a profile with Tunneled mode, and set an access VLAN for example 300. If you have this VLAN 300 configured on the controller traffic will be tunneled there.

We're just getting this set up. If anyone has tips how to dynamically configure this with 802.1X I'd like to know. Is it just applying an AAA profile that dynamically assigns the VLANs? Wonder how the roles work with this kind of setup