Wireless Access

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: RAP failover

Please let us know what TAC says about your specific setup.  It is hard to understand what is going wrong just from your posts.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

@mke81 wrote:

Let me ask you like that:

1)  Will RAP redundacy work with MASTER/LOCAL setup only (No NAT)?

2)  Will RAP redundacy work with VRRP (MASTER ACTIVE / MASTER STANDBY) using 3 public IPs (no NAT)?

1.  It should

2.  It should

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Ok good to know. 

Now, do I always need FQDN pointing to both IPs or if VRRP 3 IPs in any of mentioned 2 setups knowing my controllers work on public IPs?

Just to be clear all my RAP are obviusly behind NAT

Highlighted
Guru Elite

fqdn with an A-record returning both ip addresses or a round-robin dns is best.  That is because you are not guaranteed to always connect to the first ip address when you cold boot.  If you do not connect to a single ip address, you cannot obtain and use the redundant address.  With dns this is possible.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: