Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP tunnel connectivity to 7005 Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP tunnel connectivity to 7005 Controller

Posted Nov 04, 2019 12:27 PM

Hello,

I am new to Aruba's platform in terms of controller configurations. We recently bought a 7005 controller to try and setup a RAP in a remote branch office. This RAP would then connect to the controller via the internet over a tunnel which is how I'd imagine it works. After a few firewall configurations we were able to "convert" the IAP from a cluster to a standalone and allow to connect to the controller.

However running "sh ap database" says that the Status of the AP is "Down." And "show datapath session table | include [public IP of RAP]" yields "FY" for the traffic from the controller to the RAP. I know that's very little information but as we don't normally work with Aruba this is the extent of my knowledge with the device.

I will be happy to provide any additional information needed to properly assess the situation. Any bit of direction helps.

• 2.  RE: RAP tunnel connectivity to 7005 Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 10, 2019 03:28 PM

Hi gntoto,

Just a few thoughts in this one. 

You say you have set the IAP fro cluster to standalone. If this is the case, your IAP is still running as an IAP. There is an option under Maintenance of the IAP where you can convert the IAP to RAP connected to a controller. 

If you already converted the IAP to a RAP forgett about this post. 

BR

Florian