Wireless Access

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAPIDS Rogue Classification - access to reasons for decision to classify as Rogue?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAPIDS Rogue Classification - access to reasons for decision to classify as Rogue?

Posted Aug 19, 2014 05:17 AM

Is there any way to acertain why a controller has decided to classify an AP as a Rogue? 

A whole bunch of a neighbouring organisation's APs get picked up on our WLAN and most of them get identified as "Suspected Neighbour" , however some are identified as "Rogues" with 100 % confidence. (And occasnally 20%). Our info-security team have asked me to investigate why that is - I'm pretty confident it's a false alarm, but am not sure there is any way I can find out.

• 2.  RE: RAPIDS Rogue Classification - access to reasons for decision to classify as Rogue?

Posted Aug 19, 2014 06:26 AM
    See if there's any RAPIDs rules created that classifying devices as rogue based on certain condition ?

• 3.  RE: RAPIDS Rogue Classification - access to reasons for decision to classify as Rogue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 19, 2014 06:52 AM
    Are these controller classifications or airwave classifications?

• 4.  RE: RAPIDS Rogue Classification - access to reasons for decision to classify as Rogue?

Posted Aug 19, 2014 07:07 AM

Controller classifications, apologies. 

Airwave has classified them all as Rogues as they are broadcasting a shared SSID of ours. It's the ones the controllers have classified as rogues I am looking to clarify. 

• 5.  RE: RAPIDS Rogue Classification - access to reasons for decision to classify as Rogue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 19, 2014 08:05 AM

Copying and pasting an answer from before..

Try show wms rogue-ap <bssid>

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/Difference-between-suspected-rogue-and-Rogue-AP

• 6.  RE: RAPIDS Rogue Classification - access to reasons for decision to classify as Rogue?

MVP
    Posted Aug 19, 2014 10:23 AM

eljay, be sure to read this doc: http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/ControllerBasedWLANs/47/2/PDFRogueAPGuide.pdf
    This explains quit a bit to get a proper understanding.

• 7.  RE: RAPIDS Rogue Classification - access to reasons for decision to classify as Rogue?

Posted Aug 19, 2014 10:32 AM

Thanks guys, I'll go away and do some reading! :)